The music of Buddy Rich

Buddy on records, video...

Moderators: Camis, PelleBerglund

mikejames

The music of Buddy Rich

Post by mikejames » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:31 am

Hello Roger and everyone,

I've posted this on more than one portion of the forum, not to create "spam", but since it's free, simply to alert interested fans. (Roger and I have traded links for something like 10 years, so this is in no way meant to detract from this great site.)

I'm hosting some previously unheard and unpublished recordings of Buddy and his bands on my site at http://www.mikejamesjazz.com/br_clips.html

Have fun listening to these. They're quite remarkable, as all of Buddy's music was.
Last edited by mikejames on Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please support your local artists

rogerberg
Site Admin

Posting of an entire CD

Post by rogerberg » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:01 pm

Mike,

You've got some awesome concerts recordings there - great to hear them!

I finally got myself together and fixed the "Grendals Lair" CD and posted it on BRAS. http://www.buddyrich.se/grendal.htm

I wonder how long time it will take until I'm in trouble because of that?? :? I just feel bad for people buying the CD and getting this really poor product that you can't stand listening to more than once! (The problem with the CD is that it sounds a lot slower than the original music!)

Did I do right or wrong?

/RB

mikejames

CD

Post by mikejames » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:50 am

Hi Roger,

I have that CD, and it plays at the correct speed on my player.
But I can't play the OGG format, so I can't comment on what you did.

The main thing is... Be careful posting commercially-published material. Someone may want to give you some legal trouble about that.

mikejames

Oops...

Post by mikejames » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:30 pm

I have to retract my last post. I disliked the quality of that CD too, and so I haven't listened to it in quite a while. Today, after Rogers's comments, I went and listened again, this time comparing the pitch to older recordings.

Roger is right! My CD is a almost (but not quite) a whole step flat (about 3/8 of a step... in the crack) So, the whole CD appears to be "slow". Wow.

JBPBRFAN

Re: The music of Buddy Rich

Post by JBPBRFAN » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:22 pm

Hi Mike! I heard about your website last october!! The concert of Buddy are fabulous!!! thanks a lot for this special gift for everybody!
JB